Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Settling in in Singapore

 It's been about 4 days since we arrived and I finally feel like we are settling in. The first few days were a little rough getting over jetlag (what happened to my well scheduled, sleep through the night baby?!) and realizing our reality for the next two months (no Emmy), but with time it's just getting better and better. Harper and I have had so much to do to get our apartment baby approved. We brought some stuff with us, but figured we'd just buy a few things when we got here, so needless to say, we have been shopping for the majority of our time here.....and not for me, but for Harper. Our apartment is great, and has so many amenities it feels like a resort. We are also connected to a mall and are really close to the necessities which is nice. We are easing our way into things so this week we don't have much planned. Singapore is such a neat city, and the people here are so friendly and helpful. It's extremely clean, and Harper and I feel very safe being out and about on our own. As for the food, we have yet to really venture out too much....we have plenty of time to do that later.  I had coffee with a sweet new friend yesterday that gave me the ins and outs of Singapore and needless to say, we have so much to look forward to in the coming weeks. Thursday is Singapore's Independence Day so there should be some fun activities for us to experience, and Kevin has the day off! I keep forgetting we came here for work...all we want to do is play! There's so much more I could say already about our time here, and we realize we are definitely lucky to be experiencing this together as a family!

Harper and one of his new toys, a vibrating swing, sad it's not his MommaRoo, but this will definitely do!

1 comment:

  1. His smiley face looks like u in baby pictures! And he looks like he is super long! I love him!

    ReplyDelete