Sunday, August 5, 2012

Harper's First Flight

There was so much anxiety, anticipation, and excitement wrapped up into this almost 24 hour flight. I mean what child doesn't fly across the world at four months right!? It's perfectly crazy normal. I will have to say that for the most part Harper's first plane ride was perfectly perfect! He was such a great little guy and took everything in stride. It's amazing the kind of treatment one gets with an infant....everyone was so accommodating to us, it made it that much easier. I cannot say enough about the airline either, if you ever get a chance to fly Singapore Air, it is FABULOUS! We flew economy and Kevin and I both agreed the service and food were just as nice as business class...We were lucky enough to get bulkhead seating so Harper could get a bassinet, and this proved to be our saving grace....On our 11 hour flight to Moscow he slept in his bassinet for probably eight hours! (This was great so we could get some much needed rest. :)) Moscow to Singapore was only 9 hours, but with him awake, it seemed to be a bit longer. Harper slept, played, flirted and ate to keep busy (Pictures to come as soon as i can figure it out...:/) Everyone on board around us seemed to enjoy him as he was all smiles throughout the two flights, and I am so very thankful to have one flight under our belts. I don't think I could have asked for a better first flight than the experience we had yesterday for him. I guess our little guy is a world traveler now! :) We are so blessed with such a sweet baby!


Sleeping soundly in the bassinet... He sure was a great traveler! 



1 comment:

  1. Boo I've tried to post this comment like a million times! I'm so glad that things went better than expected. Harper is such a good baby. I"m sure he loved the attention he was getting from everyone. Can't wait to hear more about your adventures in singapore and see pics.
    I love ya'll. Give that baby a kiss for me.

    ReplyDelete